- Minimum of 8 hours EVERY night.
- No daytime wear needed.
- Brush your retainer with your toothbrush and toothpaste every morning.
- Occasional soaks in a denture/retainer cleaner can be performed.
- When not in use, store dry retainers in the case in a protected area out of extreme heat and keep out of reach of pets (dogs and cats love to chew retainers).
- Do NOT bleach your retainers or place them in the dishwasher or microwave
- Bring retainers to EVERY appointment.
- Retainer check appointments should be completed every 3-6 months over the 2 years following the removal of braces.
- Our staff will advise you on when your next appointment should be scheduled.